FCSI prides itself on providing high-quality, relevant education to foodservice consultant members. Programs that have been approved as part of the Education Provider Program have been awarded a pre-determined number of Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Consultant members who attend any of these featured programs will be credited with the allotted CEUs.
Beginning in 2018, all corporate members of FCSI The Americas are eligible to provide continuing education to FCSI consultants through the Education Provider Program. If you are a corporate member and would like to learn more about the Education Provider Program, please contact Kimberly Kissel at 309-808-2165 or Kimberly@fcsi.org.
Providing continuing education through the FCSI The Americas Education Provider Program
The Education Provider Program plays an important role in establishing relationships that ultimately lead to supportive future involvements amongst consultants and manufacturers/vendors. If your company is committed to providing continuing education to others in the foodservice industry, consider providing education to FCSI consultants through the FCSI The Americas Education Provider Program. Learn more about the Education Provider Program in the Education Provider Manual.
FCSI consultants turn to FCSI for their continuing education and here’s why. The FCSI Education Provider Program makes it easy for our consultants to earn their required CEUs and gives them the opportunity to get to know your company.
After each program, Education Providers submit the attendance sheet to the FCSI TA office, and the office posts these CEUs to the consultants’ journals for them. Attendees receive a quick survey of the program so that FCSI can ensure the program met attendees’ expectations. We also use the evaluations as a way to determine the FCSI Education Provider of the Year! Lastly, our consultants know the Education Provider Programs have been reviewed by FCSI in advance, so they will get valuable education to help themselves and their clients. They know won’t be listening to a sales pitch.
As an FCSI Education Provider, you are supporting the FCSI Continuing Professional Growth Program (CPG). Offering pre-approved educational programs to FCSI consultant members encourages their ongoing professional growth. In addition, they benefit from learning cutting-edge innovations and broadening their knowledge in the industry.
A few other details about the programs offered by FCSI Education Providers:
- You can offer as many education programs as you like.
- Once a program is approved, you can offer it as many times as you like in the same year, as long as the program doesn’t change significantly – just let me know when you are holding the program next and I can post it on the FCSI calendar.
- You can offer programs in most any type of delivery method – webinar (live or recorded), tour, seminar, conference, symposium, etc. You can offer programs wherever you like.
- Similar to corporate membership, there is an annual membership to participate as an Education Provider of FCSI.
- Generally speaking, 1 hour of education equals 1 CEU. Here is a chart that provides details on how many CEUs a consultant can earn from commonly attended programs.
- Programs you wish to continue offering in subsequent years need to be re-submitted annually using this form. The main reason for this is that FCSI does not know if you plan to continue offering your program(s) from year to year.
Submitting a program as an Education Provider
If you are a Corporate Member of FCSI, and wish to participate in the FCSI The Americas Education Provider Program, submit an application for each program.
Education Provider of the Year
FCSI TA prides itself on offering quality and relevant education to foodservice consultant members and others in the industry. Companies providing programs as part of the FCSI TA Education Provider Program are considered for FCSI Education Provider of the Year.
Current educational opportunities for consultants
Our Education Providers are delighted to host education sessions at their factories
and offices! Get hands-on, timely training that will help you strengthen
your foodservice skills and knowledge.
Flexible Date Events
Are you interested in visiting Education Providers but have a busy schedule this year?
Work directly with Education Providers to attend education sessions
and tours at a mutually convenient time.
“Your Place” Events
Have the Education Providers bring presentations and training to your office.
Expand your knowledge on your own time and at your own pace.
For more information about the Education Provider Program please contact Kimberly Kissel, Director of Education, firstname.lastname@example.org.