Foodservice Consultant – Brailsford & Dunlavey
Brailsford & Dunlavey is seeking a dynamic foodservice consultant who will be based out of our Washington, DC office.
Ambitious, diverse, multidisciplinary, entrepreneurial: these are all words that describe our team. But what ties B&D employees together is our excitement and passion for advising our clients throughout the facility development process. Whether interviewing students on a college campus, touring classrooms in an elementary school, or sitting with fans on a stadium’s opening day, we are driven by our purpose to advance communities. It starts with our own B&D community; it starts with you.
The primary focus of this position is to provide foodservice planning and advisory services to Brailsford & Dunlavey’s (B&D’s) higher education and K-12 school clients. Typical services for higher education and K-12 school clients include market analyses, program evaluations, facility reviews, operational assessments, financial analyses, master planning activities, and contractor solicitation management.
A B&D foodservice consultant will typically support three to six projects simultaneously. Foodservice assignments often integrate with broader B&D planning projects involving one or more of the following areas: campus master planning, student housing, intercollegiate athletics, campus recreation, student unions, campus edge developments, and K-12 school projects. The consultant will work closely with other B&D employees to develop the comprehensive deliverables for these larger projects.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Works alongside a project manager on a portfolio of foodservice planning assignments. Closely monitors his/her assignments and ensures successful and timely completion of project management tasks and responsibilities.
- Develops planning client deliverables to include research, analysis, financial modeling, writing, document review, or task management.
- Manages the financial requirements of assignments to include scope development, client invoicing, account reconciliation, and closeout.
- Actively participates in B&D’s business development activities to include developing and managing potential clients, pursuing additional services opportunities, and helping other teams with their marketing efforts. Utilizes Microsoft CRM to manage and report on all marketing activities.
Additional job duties can be found on our website.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, project management, finance, economics, or related field.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the foodservice industry, preferably in higher education or K-12 schools.
- Previous food management or consulting experience strongly preferred.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license required.
Brailsford & Dunlavey is an equal opportunity employer.
Brailsford & Dunlavey participates in E-Verify.
Advance your career while advancing community.
Join the B&D team.
As catalysts for building community, Brailsford & Dunlavey advises our clients through complex issues and challenges related to facility development. Our strength is in utilizing both a tailored approach and collective national expertise to guide an idea from early concept definition through financing, design, construction, and operating start-up—maximizing value and mitigating risk every step of the way.
Working at B&D means more than having a job; it means having a career. We hire the best, the brightest, and the most committed professionals to collaborate in our high-performing, “work hard / play hard” culture.
If you are looking for a firm where you can gain valuable skills and experiences, implement innovative ideas, and advance your career, Brailsford & Dunlavey is the place.
Brailsford & Dunlavey is a national firm with offices in Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, Columbus, Detroit, Irvine, New York City, and Washington, D.C.—and features a client base in all 50 United States.
Brailsford & Dunlavey offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Company paid medical/dental PPO coverage for full-time employees
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- Tuition assistance
- Long term and short term disability insurance
- Life insurance
To apply and learn more about the position please visit: