Three hugely experienced foodservice professionals came together for this virtual panel session, supported by IBEX, to discuss challenges and opportunities in cooking, at present and in the future.
Leading FCSI The Americas foodservice consultant Tarah Schroeder joined Cathy Schiltz, owner operator of independent coffee shop Glenview Coffee Grind; and Charlie Pantelakos, IBEX business unit manager, for this talk chaired by Tina Nielsen, editor of FCSI’s Foodservice Consultant magazine.
Though coming from different spectrums of the foodservice industry, the panellists concluded that the challenges and pinch-points are very similar whether the business is a very large higher education institution or an independent coffee shop.
The panel session covered topics, including:
- Dealing with unexpected events with agility and innovation
- How even the smallest spaces can incorporate a satisfying menu with the right foodservice equipment
- Dealing with challenges, such as rising costs, supply chain delays and labor shortages
- The importance of installing easy to use machines to keep consistency and quality high
- The changing demands of customers as demographics shift
You can watch the video below:
To learn more about IBEX, please visit www.ibexoven.com