FCSI Asia Pacific Division (APD)’s new student challenge coincides with the FHA HoReCa 2022 Show and has been launched with the aim of finding hospitality ‘Consultants of the future’.
FCSI APD is offering a free trip and work experience for one winning team member to Australia.
About ‘Consultants of the Future’ Competition 2022:
The FCSI Consultants of the Future 2022 competition provides an opportunity for students (young and mature) and budding hospitality enthusiasts to demonstrate their skills and creativity by developing a business plan for a new concept restaurant in Asia that will be judged by a panel of independent industry professionals.
The ultimate experience
The winning student will have the chance to experience a real-life work environment in the hospitality and foodservice industry with a trip to Australia (all expenses paid), and could assist them in choosing what aspect of the industry they wish to pursue.
The finalists are to present their projects during FHA HoReCa (25-28 October) to FCSI.
- Register interest by: 23 September 2022
- Teams selected by: early October 2022
- Submit business plan by: 14 October 2022
- x3 shortlisted teams announced: 19 October 2022
- x3 shortlisted teams panel review: 25 October 2022
- x3 shortlisted team pitch: 27 October 2022
- Winner announced on 27 October 2022
- Applicants must be under 30 years of age and able to demonstrate they are either engaged in tertiary studies, or working in a foodservice business, hospitality/business management or design capacity, and have an aspiration to consult and work in the foodservice consultancy industry.
- Team selection will include applicants from across the Asia Pacific region, so students will be required to collaborate online, getting a feel for how our foodservice consulting industry operates.
- If selected you must be able to be in Singapore between Tuesday 25.10.22 and Thursday 27.10.22 (inclusive) at a minimum.
- Competition is open to all applicants in the Asia Pacific FCSI region who can demonstrate eligibility.
- Finalists located outside of Singapore must ensure they are able to meet all travel arrangements (passport, vaccination, visas (if required for your country of origin) to enable them to compete.
All finalists will receive
- An award of recognition.
- The top team will receive a prestigious FCSI Award, and one lucky team member will win an all-expenses paid ultimate experience, valued up to SGD$5,000 to undertake an internship with an FCSI consultant for up to four weeks.