Dieli Murawka Howe, Inc (DMH) is a small, high volume Design Firm seeking a Food Service Design Consultant to provide Sales, Design and Consultant Services for the West Coast, specifically Southern California and the Southwest Area of the United States.
Basic Job Description:
The Foodservice Design Consultant’s (FDC) primary responsibilities include:
- Sales and Design of Food Service Projects and Consultant Services to existing and new clients
- Programming and Designing of institutional and commercial kitchens
Initially, the FDC will report to the Principal-In-Charge of Design. The FDC will work closely with the in-place production and support staff. As the FDC becomes productive within the framework of the Firm, the position will require greater independence to generate sales and create independent designs. The FDC will assist in the coordination of the production of the final contract documents but will not produce the support documents.
Full-time Design Consultant
We are an entrepreneurial design firm. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with outstanding communication skills who will be given the opportunity to grow into a leadership role with buy-in ownership options.
- Interface with the Client base of the Firm
- Provide new sales and clients
- Interface with the Architectural and Engineering Community
- Program and Design a variety of food service Institutional kitchens and cafeterias. Restaurant and Bar design, although not critical in the overall scope of work, is necessary.
- Produce Schematic Design Drawings from AutoCAD that will be utilized by the production and support staff.
- Prepare Budgets and Manufacturers for the project with Support staff (User Input Required)
- Provide any related lists of existing equipment to be reused or re-sited
- Provide Critical Dimensions on existing site conditions and/or equipment
- Interface with Environmental Health Services(EHS),California Department of Public Health (CDPH), DSA and OSHPD
- Attend job meetings, design review meetings and client meetings as required.
- Conduct site visits and punch lists during installation of project as needed or per contract and customer requirements; Aid the Principal-In-Charge of Production in responding to RFI’s
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred (2 Year Culinary Arts Degree acceptable) with a minimum 5-7+ years’ experience in food service design or related experience in the design of food service kitchens.
- Proficient in AutoCAD 2012 or higher, knowledge of Revit, BIM and Sketch Up a plus.
- Knowledge of commercial kitchen design is required
- Knowledge of related Codes required
- Must be able to read Architectural and Engineering Drawings
- Strong working knowledge of general construction, mechanical, electrical, and plumbing.
- Demonstrate the ability to design and specify a variety of Food Service Projects
- Demonstrate knowledge of the applications of food service equipment
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively with the Architectural Community, Clients, Staff and Management
- Demonstrate the ability to work well with the staff
- Lead the team in meeting goals and deadlines and work towards updating organizational processes
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimal supervision while effectively interfacing with a remote staff.
- Demonstrated experience on food service specification platforms i.e. KCL.
Please forward Resumes and Inquiries to Amy Dieli email@example.com