Food Service Consultant – Envision Strategies
Envision Strategies, a food service management advisory services (MAS) firm, is experiencing steady growth and as such, has an opening for an entry-level Consultant position. The firm consults across segments of the food service and hospitality industry, with an emphasis on higher education, workplace, and healthcare. Services include market research, program assessment, master planning, facilities planning and supplier selection. In addition, we have recently launched Envision360, a tech-enabled performance management that is contributing to the firm’s growth.
Envision Strategies was founded in 1995 in order to focus on hospitality business planning and is intentionally structured as a team of professionals working remotely and distributed across the country (with presence in Oregon, Colorado, Illinois, Michigan, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Tennessee and Florida).
Initially work as part of a team on data gathering, facilities assessments, competitive assessments, interviews and focus groups. Assist with market research, benchmarking, space programming and report development. This position will involve both office work and travel, working in the field with other consultants, with an opportunity to become more independent and eventually be responsible for managing projects. Involvement in the firm’s marketing activities will also be encouraged, potentially including meetings with prospective clients, attendance at trade shows, presentations and proposal writing.
The successful candidate will work directly with senior leadership of the firm on a variety of consulting engagements. This is a remote working position with approximately 25% travel anticipated. Advancement to greater levels of responsibility and autonomy will be encouraged and supported through mentoring and training. Successful candidate shall perform other duties as assigned with the effort and skills necessary to contribute to our continued growth.
This is an entry-level consulting position and so prior experience as a food service consultant is not required.
- Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in business or hospitality preferred.
- Restaurant, hospitality or food service management and industry experience.
- Preferred: Management-level experience with budgetary responsibility.
- Must have: Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience in presenting to both large and small groups.
- Must have: Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and grace under pressure.
- Experience in a client/customer-facing role; preferably one that required a high level of engagement with people.
- Ability to travel and be on site for up to 3 – 4 days at a time.
- Able to work independently to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- A detail orientation and penchant for accuracy is vital.
- Competent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- While we are a 100% remote environment, collaborative teamwork is tightly woven into our culture; a demonstrated ability to thrive within a team structure is a must.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full time, salaried position with a flexible work week opportunity. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications, and includes an excellent benefits package, including:
- Medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance
- Matching deferrals to a 401K account
- Additional profit-sharing contributions to your 401K account
- Annual cash bonus
- Flexible paid time off
- Assistance in equipping a home office
If you’re ready to take your career in a new direction, upload your letter of application and resume here (scroll to bottom of the page) and tell us why you would be a good fit for Envision Strategies!