Pappas Restaurants is seeking a friendly and positive Design Manager to join the Design Group at the Pappas Restaurants Main Office in Northwest Houston. The Design Manager will oversee the Major Projects Group and is responsible for the successful management of multiple projects from development to completion. Projects include new construction and major remodels of Pappas restaurants and support facilities.
To be successful in this role, the candidate must have an excellent understanding of architecture and construction standards and be a dynamic leader with experience coaching and developing a team.
- Manage Major Projects Team composed of architectural, interior and kitchen designers
- Work closely with counterpart managers in Facilities maintenance and Construction
- Create preliminary project budget and ROI analysis
- Determine project assignments
- Develop and manage project timelines and schedules
- Facilitate team and project coordination meetings
- Collaborate with Pappas Real Estate and Construction Teams
- Evaluate and adopt new project management software
- Establish and maintain proper digital filing system
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work at Pappas Restaurants and is not a complete job description. Pappas Team Members perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Science, Business or related field of study
- 5+ years of project management experience
- 5+ years of previous management/supervisory experience
- Master of Business Administration a plus
- Expert in managing multiple projects simultaneously with strong results/goal orientation
- Outstanding collaboration and leadership skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience using AutoCad and Photoshop
- Ability to design beautiful solutions that meet functional requirements and time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to travel in and out of state
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Please apply online at pappascareers.com/corporate!
PAPPAS Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer | M|F|D|V|A
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance completing any forms or to participate in the application process.