Position: Commercial Kitchen Designer
Type of Employment: Full time
Experience level: 5 to 7 years
Location: Charlotte, NC
VISIONBUILDERS + DESIGN, CHARLOTTE, NC
Dynamic Food Service & Interior Design Company based in Charlotte, NC, specializing in hospitality design, seeks a motivated & enthusiastic Commercial Kitchen Designer for a mid-level position in our Charlotte Office. Our hospitality design scope is diverse and includes universities, hospitals, restaurant chains, sporting facilities, and airport installations nationwide. The best candidate for this position will have experience with and demonstrated interest in projects of this type. This individual must be energetic and ready for a challenging career with a fast growing company.
- Represents the firm well with clients and consultants
- Initiates, develops and coordinates food service design concepts appropriate to the project
- Defines roles and responsibilities for the food service team
- Manages all food service communication: in-house team including Design Principal, owner, consultants
- Exhibits flexibility and creativity in overcoming food service design obstacles and problem solving
- Holds responsibility for quality & technical accuracy of all project work
- Travels to project sites and client meetings
Qualifications / Job Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of all the major aspects of the foodservice design & kitchen equipment industry through the construction drawing process.
- KCL & Autoquotes experience is necessary.
- Knowledge of Autodesk Revit that allows for efficient and effective management and staffing of project(s).
- Experience with Revit is critical – candidates should not apply without Revit experience.
- Experience should include written 11400 specifications, equipment cost estimating and general knowledge of related codes.
- Relevant prior professional experience
- Strong design, management, delivery skills and demanding of themselves
Compensation / Benefits:
- Salaried position; level and type of compensation commensurate with experience
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick leave
- Professional development support
- Medical insurance
POSITION REPORTS TO: Lead FoodService Consultant/Design Principal
Please submit resumes to Melanie@visionbuildersusa.com