We are Food+ by Compass, a diverse, growing team of skilled culinarians, managers, food service operators and subject matter experts bringing high-end food service to one of the world’s major tech companies.
In this one-of-a-kind setting, the Food+ team does it all – cafes serving thousands of meals daily, high-concept spaces with inventive offerings, specialty catering, craft coffee bars, and so much more. A vital contributor to our client’s workplace culture, the Food+ team helps spark innovation, connection and community, whether we’re putting on fun pop-up events, leading hands-on cooking classes, or simply chatting with a guest while crafting their morning cappuccino.
Stretching across 28 countries, the cutting-edge sites where we operate are equipped with top-of-the-line tools and equipment that enable our teams to do what they do best: create incredible food experiences for our client. But we’re not just focused on making an impact today: We’re passionate about driving change in the global food system. Whether by emphasizing plant-forward menus, implementing waste-reduction technologies or embracing the circular economy model, we’re committed to making a difference now and in the years to come.
Operating within Compass Group PLC, the world’s leading food service company, the team bringing Food+ to life includes several branded sectors, such as Bon Appétit Management Company, Restaurant Associates NY, Restaurant Associates UK, Eurest, Seiyo Food and many others across the globe. We’re looking for great people to join this growing network, so if you’re interested in an exciting, engaging career, we’d love to hear from you.
To see what’s cooking with Food+ by Compass, connect with us here or through our new website: http://www.foodplusbycompass.com/
To support our growth we’re looking for a Kitchen Design Manager. You will be the superstar liaison between the Food team and the local food service partner, you’ll ensure design intent is maintained throughout the end to end process. You’ll be the day-to-day contact for all equipment related questions, changes, and shop drawing submittals as we work from schematic design through project completion. You will work closely with the Food Design Managers to understand culinary concept programming and equipment needs of the Food team.
THE GREAT THINGS YOU’LL DO
● Work with the project development team including an external, site-relevant kitchen designer you will identify equipment specifications to develop space flow and layout equipment into an overall schematic design plan with an associated tagged equipment schedule
● Manage external, independent, food service design partners per project which will be utilized to complete full development of food service drawing packages including rough-in MEP point-of-connection drawings, elevation drawings and regionally relevant equipment specifications
● Work with the internal global design team to provide kitchen design guidance for the internal branded concept portfolio and liaise with key stakeholders to provide kitchen and servery design solutions to support multiple defined concepts.
● Preparation of supporting technical documentation typically required in accordance with each project’s design and construction stages
● The Kitchen Design Manager is expected to maintain a watching brief over the initial phase assisting in the identification of high level physical issues that present risk to the project development.
● In collaboration with the FDM (Food Design Manager), and the project’s appointed design team, develop brief and creative concepts which accurately reflect the team design standards and culinary briefing strategy, whilst complying with codes and best practices of local regulatory authorities. The Kitchen Design Manager will be supported in all projects throughout the region by local design teams to ensure compliance is achieved.
● Prepare, present, coordinate and update as required schematic plans and preliminary MEP schedules as developed by external kitchen designer.
● Organise and attend regular touch point meetings with local kitchen designer to ensure brand compliance to kitchen guide. Provide clear briefing information for local kitchen designer to present in service line meetings.
● Communicate equipment selection, specifically identifying requested items of high value, and where applicable offer cost effective alternatives for consideration/approval.
● Assist FDM in preparation of concept design drawings for presentation to the food services team for sign off.
● Support the project’s appointed design team as needed to ensure local kitchen designer’s technical drawings and specification accurately reflect the team design standards and culinary delivery strategy.
● Investigate, research, and assemble a schedule of suitable kitchen equipment supply companies to tender both locally and internationally, subject to the project size and complexity.
● Review the kitchen equipment contractor tender returns report as prepared by the local kitchen designer, and submit recommendation of contract award to the project team and cost consultant if applicable.
● Assist FDM in preparation of schematic design for presentation to the FSM for sign off.
● In collaboration with the project’s appointed design team, provide cognitive support as
needed between the kitchen equipment contractor and construction contractor.
● Support the project’s appointed design team in timely punch lists for corrections and errors in the installation during hand-over period.
● Document lessons learned at end of each project
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
● Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
● 8 years of professional design work with a focus on restaurant, hotel or other hospitality
● Must demonstrate a good command of English, have excellent interpersonal and
● Working knowledge of all associated technologies, namely Google web based
applications, AutoCAD and Revit, Microsoft based products
● Experience with food service operations and flow either through direct experience or
professional design work.
● Experience in managing and navigating complex matrixed organizations
INQUIRES AND RESUMES SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO