We are Smart. We connect people with places and help our clients create innovative spaces that inspire customers to explore. And when we say spaces, we mean gargantuan global developments with a million moving pieces. Smaller local projects, we do those too. We are expanding our food service design team and are seeking a technically adept food service designer to join our growing studio in Vancouver.
About the Role:
- A minimum 3 years of experience in foodservice design for a consultancy firm or equipment supplier working on production of construction documentation.
- Experience and understanding of food service operations – processes, flow, efficiencies, and applicable codes.
- General understanding of construction, as well as mechanical and electrical design.
- Knowledgeable about impact of design on construction, cost and practicality to clients
- Start to finish foodservice facility design and equipment specifications along with an ability to coordinate internal and external design teams.
- Demonstrate a passion and ability to deliver a high attention to detail
- Solid verbal and written communication skills, including timely follow-up and commitment to deliverables, collaboration and openness to give and receive feedback
Who you are:
- A team player and a culture builder, sharing ideas and solutions, supporting and encouraging your colleagues
- A multi-tasker with ease, balancing multiple projects at a time
- Visionary with an exceptional eye for detail
- Looking for a long-term career in foodservice design including on going professional development and membership in Food Service Consultants Society International (FCSI)
- Skills (Required):
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel/Restaurant/Institutional Management, Project Management, Interior Design or a related field.
- Experience with a range of commercial food service design
- Proficiency working with AutoCAD, KCL and Microsoft Office
- Skills (Asset):
- Experience with Bluebeam, PlanGrid, Revit and Auto quotes.
What we offer
- Competitive salary plus performance bonuses
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Collaborative design culture in a cool studio space
- Will pay for FCSI
- Craft Beer on tap – Yes we have a kegger in the studio to celebrate milestone deliverables or to just unwind on a Friday afternoon.
- Dog Friendly
- Career development and growth programs
- Centrally located office, close to the Skytrain station / transit
For more information about our culture, check us out on Instagram: @smartdesign_group
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Suite 102 1150 Station Street
Vancouver BC, Canada V6A 4C7