EPA recognition is 12th award for ITW and its premium brands
For the 12th consecutive year, ITW Food Equipment Group has earned the nation’s highest honor for energy efficiency.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency announced today that it has awarded ITW Food Equipment Group its ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence Award for 2019. By maintaining a focus on energy savings and efficiency in the manufacturing of food equipment from its family of premium brands – Hobart, Baxter, Traulsen, Vulcan, Wolf, Stero and Wittco to name a few – ITW Food Equipment Group has earned Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence awards since 2010, as well as ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year awards in 2008 and 2009.
An imperative for the world
“For a dozen years now, we have been building a strong partnership with the ENERGY STAR program and the EPA and we are proud to say today that it is stronger than ever,” said Lei Schlitz, executive vice president, ITW Food Equipment Group.
“At ITW Food Equipment Group, we are committed to delivering energy and resource efficiency in our products because it’s important to our customers, the right thing for our industry, and an imperative for the world.”
The premium brands of ITW Food Equipment Group have built their reputations on manufacturing high performance commercial food equipment products that deliver superior energy and resource efficiency. With an expansive offering of more than 400 ENERGY STAR-certified products, ITW Food Equipment Group is focused on the continued development of next-generation, energy-efficient equipment in 2019, the promotion of resource efficiency to its dealer network and customers, and continuous efficiency improvements at its manufacturing facilities.
Energy efficient equipment
A highlight of ITW Food Equipment Group’s energy efficient equipment and technology introductions in 2018 and 2019 include:
- An 8 percent increase in the availability of ENERGY STAR certified models.
- ENERGY STAR certification for Vulcan’s ECO2 ½ Size Electric Convection Oven and VC4 and VC6 Series Electric Convection Ovens, which made Vulcan the only convection oven manufacturer to achieve ENERGY STAR certification for all of its ovens.
- Conversion of multiple Traulsen refrigeration equipment production lines to low global warming potential refrigerants that maintain or improve on prior model energy usage.
- The introduction of the food service equipment industry’s most efficient flight type dishwasher, the Hobart FT1000e.
- The launch of a new total cost of ownership calculator for the Hobart brand’s dishwashing line, which calculates the water and energy savings that can be realized when comparing a new, ENERGY STAR-certified dish machine with any other legacy dish machine.
“I applaud the 2019 ENERGY STAR Award Winners,” said EPA Assistant Administrator for Air and Radiation Bill Wehrum. “Their innovation and leadership enhance America’s economic competitiveness. Reducing costly energy waste improves air quality and public health while protecting the environment.”
The highest honor among ENERGY STAR Awards is the ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year—Sustained Excellence Award. The EPA presents the Sustained Excellence Award to partners who have already received ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year recognition for a minimum of two consecutive years and have gone above and beyond the criteria needed to qualify for recognition.
Since its inception in 1992, ENERGY STAR and its partners have helped save American families and businesses nearly 4 trillion kilowatt-hours of electricity and achieve over 3 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas reductions. In 2017 alone, ENERGY STAR and its partners helped Americans avoid $30 billion in energy costs.
For more information about ENERGY STAR certified foodservice and food retail equipment available from ITW Food Equipment Group, visit www.itwfoodequipment.com.
Information about the ENERGY STAR program, energy efficient products and strategies for building energy efficient facilities can be found at www.energystar.gov.