At the NAFEM 2017 show, new launches were pushed to the fore, with 143 on display in the new product ‘WHAT’S HOT! WHAT’S COOL!’ pavilion. While that’s too many to list here, at the show, the Manufacturers’ Agents Association for the Foodservice Industry (MAFSI) also launched a new solution designed to give reps and manufacturers the visibility to collate all of their efforts in a comprehensive, easy to use, and straightforward platform: MAFSI SpecPath.
The system tracks every aspect of a project and currently lists 1,772 projects, nearly 300,000 items, 1,546 dealers, 1,100 consultants and 1,546 manufacturer equipment brands across North America. With over 15,000 specifications written every year in the US and Canada alone, the new system will assist MAFSI and FCSI members who can now collect and track specification credits, and allow for tracking of origination and destination across a range of market segments.
NRA 2017 product winners
At NRA Show 2017 the Kitchen Innovation (KI) Awards recognise products that improve the back of the house. The 18 innovations that were present at the KI Pavilion addressed operator concerns from labour, energy, and water efficiency to food safety, sanitation, cross-functionality, and space-saving.
The 2017 Kitchen Innovations Award recipients were:
- Alto-Shaam by Appliance Innovation: Vector Multi-Cook Oven
- Antunes: Dual Zone Egg Station
- Blendtec: Nitro Blending System
- Ecolab: STEALTH LED Fly Light
- Garland: XPress Grill
- Hobart: CLeN Conveyor Warewasher with Drain Water Energy Recovery
- Meiko: M-iClean UM With GiO Module
- Merco: MercoMax Visual HoldingCabinet
- Middleby CTX: WOW 2 Grilling System
- Panasonic: Met-ALL Induction System
- QuiQsilver: Roll-O-Matic Silverware Rolling Machine
- RATIONAL: SelfCookingCenter XS Model 6 2/3
- Royal Range of California: RHEF-45 High Efficiency Fryer
- Southbend: TruVapor Combi Oven
- Standex Refrigerated Solutions Group (Nor-Lake and Master-Bilt): Keg Management System
- Turbo Coil: Dual Zone Mega Top Prep Table
- TurboChef: DoubleBatch
- Vulcan: VC5G Gas Convection Oven
The 2017 Mirror Awards at Hotelex Shanghai 2017
This event saw a wide selection of winning products from brands. The Best Catering Supplier Brand saw a top 10 award for Scotsman Ice Systems (Shanghai) among others, while the Best Hotel Equipment Supplier Award saw wins for: Winterhalter Shanghai, Hobart Food Equipment, Welbilt, Hoshizaki Shanghai, Huizhou Cambro Commerce, Angelo Po, MKN, Middleby, UNOX and Active Lifestyle.
Winning products at HOFEX 2017
- Innovative Light Equipment Award: Robot Cook from Robot Coupe
- Innovative Heavy Equipment Award: BKON from Franke
- Innovative Water/Energy-Saving Equipment Award: CUCIMIX from Firex
- Innovative Labour-Saving Equipment Award: RATIONAL SelfCookingCenter
- Innovative New Catering Equipment Award: The Control Freak from Polyscience
- Innovative Sustainable Catering Equipment Award: Granule Smart
- FreeFlow Edition from Granuldisk Innovative Visual Design Catering Equipment Award: Jobs from Orion
- “Chef’s favorite” Award – a selected group of chefs rated shortlisted entries and voted Robot Coupe as their winner
Europe, Africa and Middle East
Manufacturer of the Year award at FCSI EAME 2017 Conference
The Hobart Flight Type dishwasher
FCSI Sustainable Catering Equipment Award, 2017 CESA Conference
- Gold: Adande’s Aircell integrated grab and go foodservice cabinet
- Silver: Enviro-Cool V-Tex drinks chiller
- Bronze: Winterhalter’s Connected Wash system.
Foodservice Consultant‘s Review of 2017 can be viewed here.