Pappas Restaurants is seeking an eager and detail oriented Commercial Kitchen Designer to join the Design Group at the Pappas Restaurants Main Office in Northwest Houston. We are looking for someone who will assess, plan and oversee the implementation of the kitchen design and equipment to new and existing restaurants.
• Develop and implement kitchen designs and kitchen equipment in accordance with company standards
• Coordinate with design team including architectural, interior, electrical and lighting designers
• Draw kitchen/bar plans and elevations
• Coordinate electrical, plumbing and HVAC requirements
• Coordinate equipment buyout with purchasing department and the Pappas warehouse
• Prepare shop drawings for equipment fabricated in-house
• Perform site visits and work closely with Pappas Support Services Team
This job posting contains some general information about what it is like to work at Pappas Restaurants and is not a complete job description. Pappas Team Members perform a number of different tasks every day, and this posting does not list all of the essential functions of the job.
• 3+ years of design related experience in commercial food service
• 3+ years of Auto CAD experience (2010 or newer)
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and equipment specifications
• Experience writing 11400 specifications, costing equipment, and KCL experience preferred
• Excellent knowledge of food service design and kitchen equipment industry
• Detail oriented with a can-do attitude
• Must excel at problem solving
• Ability to travel in and out of state
• Must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
Please apply online at pappascareers.com!
PAPPAS Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer | M|F|D|V|A
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact teamresource@ pappasrestaurants.com for assistance completing any forms or to participate in the application process.