Do you want a career and not just a job? Are you ready to make a difference and not just make a living? Do you desire to have an impact on the future of architecture & design in a world-class organization? If so, apply now as your first step towards joining one the most dynamic and innovative teams in the business today.
McDonald’s is the world’s leading global foodservice retailer with over 36,000 locations in over 100 countries. It’s our mission to offer dynamic careers for a variety of business functions including, but not limited to positions working in:
- Architecture & Design
- Human Resources
- Learning & Development
- Consumer Business Insights
We believe that a career here is an opportunity to be the best at what you do in a supportive environment where you are valued and respected. We are dedicated to building a committed workplace that rewards and recognizes you for your loyal contribution and supporting you by offering growth and advancement opportunities. We believe the best people in the world work right here.Our Corporate Office has an exciting opportunity for you to excel as a Lead Kitchen Designer working as part of the Global Development Team.The Global Development team is an evolving organization with the goal to be simpler and more focused. This approach will enable all of us to move more efficiently, in support of the McDonalds system, collaborate on innovation while developing and delivering solutions appropriate to our markets and customers.This team performs various roles around “Real Estate Strategy and Analytics”, “New concepts & Global design Innovation” “Market Strategic Alignment” and Global Facilities Design.
Our Corporate Office has an exciting opportunity for you to excel as a Lead Kitchen Designer working as part of the Global Development Team.
The Global Development team is an evolving organization with the goal to be simpler and more focused. This approach will enable all of us to move more efficiently, in support of the McDonalds system, collaborate on innovation while developing and delivering solutions appropriate to our markets and customers.
This team performs various roles around “Real Estate Strategy and Analytics”, “New concepts & Global design Innovation” “Market Strategic Alignment” and Global Facilities Design.
The Global Facilities team is responsible for:
- Global design and construction standards
- Drawing and specification criteria
- Insuring information exchange and knowledge transfer
- Measuring performance and establishing level of efficiency
- Conducting long term R&D innovation and supporting corporate and/or newbusiness initiatives
As part of this team, you will provide expertise for restaurant facility design services, including:
- Operational Integrity
- Site Specific Layouts
- Customer Experience
In addition, you will produce capacity analysis with additional architectural services regarding building design and construction documents. You will also be responsible for coordinating the efforts of other disciplines and department members regarding architecture and facilities design.
Your key customers will include:
- Restaurant Solutions Group
- Global development teams
- Internal corporate departments
- External suppliers and consultants
In addition to following McDonald’s policies & procedures, the principle accountabilities include, but are not restricted to the following:
- Setting and interpreting design direction, expectation and specifications.
- Identifying and implementing technical and creative solutions for specific aspects of restaurant facility designs.
- Being accountable for the production and accuracy of kitchen plans.
- Identifying the equipment and operational requirements for facility design projects.
- Coordinating and organizing multiple projects, independently, across departments and other RSG disciplines.
- Being accountable for the completion of assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Understanding and implementing regional preferences, design criteria and local code requirements.
- Interacting with suppliers and outside consultants regarding equipment needs and facility designs.
- Working with outside consultants and/or suppliers to ensure accurate and timely completion of design projects.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 5+ years of experience in restaurant/foodservice Facilities Design
- 2 to 4+ years’ experience using AutoCAD and/or Revit
- 1+ years of experience using Microsoft Office software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point, etc.)
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Proficient in Sketch up, Photoshop and InDesign
- Strong verbal and written communication & interpersonal skills
- Experience presenting to various levels throughout an organization
- Excels in a team based environment
- Effective project management skills within a multitasking environment and utilization non-reporting resources
- Experience managing multiple projects
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY